college campuses across America.
- To serve and equip local churches to effectively reach and disciple students through vibrant college ministries.
Ten Things We Teach
- Salvation made possible through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
- Water Baptism as a symbol of true repentance and obedience.
- The Baptism in the Holy Spirit to empower Christ-followers as witnesses.
- A living relationship and a commitment to a Local Church.
- A personal and growing Knowledge of the Bible, the only inspired and written Word of God.
- Worship and Praise fully experienced by following the Biblical pattern.
- Prayer which is essential for Christian growth and victory.
- Integrity because God prefers obedience over sacrifice.
- Helping each student grasp his or her Personal Destiny as an important part in history.
- Evangelism by proclaiming the good news about Jesus, with sensitivity and confidence.
The BASIC Crew Code
1We think big & act audaciously
In order to see a Pentecost on college campuses, we can’t dream or plan small. We will set goals that aren’t possible without God’s help and take bold steps of faith. We will continually adjust our structure for where we want to go, not where we are.
2You can't lead where you won't go
By God’s grace, we are leading a movement. The students we minister to will not give more, learn more, sacrifice more, or love more than we do. Therefore, we will go above and beyond to serve as examples, just as Christ was our example.
3We do things no one else is doing to reach people no one else is reaching
We will do everything in our power to reach those far from God. If God put a disproportionate level of importance in reaching the lost by leaving the 99 for the 1, then we will, too.
4We smell the cheese often
Recognizing that change happens, we will not get caught complacently doing what has always been done.
5We set a course & adjust
A good plan executed violently now is better than a great plan later. We will do our best, make mistakes, and adapt quickly. No plan or decision is sacred; only our God-given vision.
6We keep score
Metrics help us keep score. We unapologetically set goals and measure progress through all available quantitative means.
7We are dirt cheap
We stretch every dollar God gives us as far as it will go. We will borrow before buying, buy used before new, and seek the best value in our spending.
8We limit our projects
Simplicity enables excellence. We think it’s better to do several things well than many things adequately.
9We eat the fish & spit out the bones
We will maintain a posture of learning. We seek to learn from other movements, recognizing they may do or teach things better than us.
Inspiration and some wording borrowed from Elevation Church.
Statement of faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (2 Tim. 3:16,17)
- We believe in the triune Godhead as eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (2 Cor. 13:14)
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed Blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His present priestly ministry. (Ro. 1:4; Matt. 1:18; 2 Cor. 5:21; Matt. 4:23,24; Ro. 3:25,26; 1 Jo. 1:7; Heb. 7:25)
- We believe in evangelistic and missionary fervor and endeavor. (Acts 1:8; Mark 16:15-18)